Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Month Down, Eleven to Go

One month has past since I started this blog. The biggest change is that I no longer drink soda. Cutting back one hour earlier each day really worked for me. And to be honest, I don't really miss it... unless I am stressed. (More on that later.) I have replaced it with ice tea and water. I have always loved iced tea. However, I am what I call "ice tea picky" and often I find ice tea undrinkable.

My three goals for the first month were to get at least 7 hours of sleep. I have been pretty consistent in this. And while I think I am still more tired than I should be, I do feel better than I do when I sleep less. Second, I was going to be more conscious about my eating. I have really thought about what I am putting into my body and am making better choices. I am down 4 pounds for the month. Given that I haven't really focused on anything more specific in my diet I assume that this is all a loss from not drinking soda. However, it is enough to encourage me and keep me going. The final goal was to exercise every other day. Other than a few walks around the block (its a pretty big block) with my daughter, this is a complete fail. I really need to get to this. I think it would make a real difference on many fronts.

So as I enter month two, I will continue the intentional eating and try to exercise more. But the focus of month two is going to focus on one of the things that cause me a great deal of stress... clutter. This may not seem to be about health, but believe me this is a huge source of stress. I have six items I want to focus on:

1.) I will consider every item I own and ask myself what it adds to my life. I will dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to this task. No more keeping items out of guilt, obligation or just because.

2.) I will create and implement a cleaning routine. The implement part is important. I am a planner. But I often go through the planning stage and never implement, or half implement. Not this time. I will find something that works for me.

3.) I will do a load of laundry every night. Wash, dry, fold AND put away.

4.) I will clear my desk at work before leaving for the weekend.

5.) I will pick up every night before I go to bed.

6.) I will begin teaching my daughter to pick up after herself and not do it for her just because its quicker.

I also will try and write on this blog more frequently. But for now, I must get my 7 hours in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment